I paint in oils or watercolours so if that’s what you want you have come to the right place. If you haven’t already please look at my portfolio page to see the aesthetic that my paintings have.
10% of profits from all of my dog paintings go to the Forest Dog Rescue Charity.
SIZE AND COST
To give you an idea of price I have 3 standard oil portrait sizes that I work to. I can do different sizes so let me know if there is something different that you would like and I will work out a price in relation to the ones listed.
61cm x 50.8cm – £275
61cm x 61cm – £350
61cm x 91.4 cm – £400
I advise that it is best to get a tape measure out to try and get an idea of the size, bare in mind I work in cm. I always try to work on box frame canvas’ as I find it works better as a final product.
I do watercolours in smaller sizes and generally they are best for a pet portrait, there are some examples of these on the portfolio page.
19cm x 25cm – £40
28cm x 40cm – £80
1. Have a think about where you might want the painting in your home, or if its a present, where in the receivers home. This will give you an indication of the size you require.
2. Consider the composition you might like:
- A single eye portrait is slightly more abstract when you don’t want to be quite so obvious.
- A close up of the face is intimate and shows the emotions.
- A portrait which shows the subject as a whole with reference to their hobbies and traits gives a clear idea of their personality.
3. You may now have an idea of what it is you want. If so on the order page fill out the form and note in the ‘additional information’ box the size and composition you would like.
If not fill out the order form and note in the ‘additional information’ box that you would like to discuss options further.
4. It is possible for me to work from a photo that you have taken, send it to me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will let you know if it is sufficient.
I will then contact you to arrange a date for me to visit the sitter. I like to visit them in a place which represents their personality. My visits usually last an hour where I will take some photographs and have a chat, cups of tea are always appreciated!
5. TURN AROUND TIME – I like to give myself 5 weeks from taking the initial photographs to produce a painting. If there is a specific deadline and you would like to discuss further please contact me and I will see what I can do.
I am based in Mid Wales, if I have to travel long distances there will be additional charges to cover my travel costs. These can be discussed when I know the specifics.
I like to make sure my customers are 100% happy with their purchases so contact me if you are not happy with the final product. I am so confident that you will be that I will offer a 100% refund if you are not.
All portraits will be delivered by a trackable special delivery courier service. Postage is an additional cost.
If in doubt about anything please feel free to contact me and ask, I am more that happy to help with any part of the process I can.